Social Wealth Seminar
Tuesday, August 4: Amanda Kass (Associate Director, Government Finance Research Center, University of Illinois at Chicago), “What Might Happen To Public Pensions In The Wake Of Covid-19?”
- Amanda Kass, “What Might Happen to Public Pensions in the Wake of Covid-19?,” Government Finance Research Center, May 11, 2020, available here.
- This article on why governments underfund their pension systems
- This article taking a feminist legal approach to pensions as a means to define socioeconomic rights
- This article questioning the necessity of fully funding pension systems
- The report from the Government Finance Research Center arguing against a crisis framework for public pensions in Illinois
- This brief on the growing bifurcation in pension funding ratios
View the session on Youtube here.